Green Agenda welcomes comments and engagement with all our content. Short comments can be made in the comments thread. We also encourage longer thoughtful responses to the essays which can be submitted here.
However, we reserve the right to review comments before we make them visible on the site. We will not publish comments that:
- Are defamatory, abusive, or discriminatory
- Promote hatred
- Attack the writer and not the argument
- Are substantially off-topic
- Do not contribute to the discussion
- Mislead through impersonation
- Are longer than 500 words
We ask readers to comment responsibly. Green Agenda reserves the right to delete comments that violate these Terms and Conditions, and if necessary, ban repeat offenders. If you see a comment that violates our comments policy, or if your comment has not been published within a reasonable time, please let us know.
- Copyright for all content on Green Agenda remains with the author unless otherwise explicitly stated.
- Essays and other content may be reproduced elsewhere, however a condition of this measure is that Green Agenda be attributed as being the location of first publication, both in writing and via hyperlink reference.
- This Website contains links to sites on the World Wide Web owned and operated by external third parties and which are not under the control of Green Agenda.
- In relation to external web sites, which are linked to this website, Green Agenda:
- provides the link or links to external websites as a convenience to you and the existence of a link or links to external websites does not imply any endorsement by Green Agenda;
- is not responsible for the material contained on those external websites; and
- makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on those external websites.
Disclaimers, acknowledgment and warranty
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- the views and opinions expressed on Green Agenda are those of the authors and do not represent the views, policy or positions of the Green Institute or the Australian Greens.
- the expression of a view does not imply endorsement of a product or service;
- the information contained in the website may be out of date;
- you must not rely on any of the content on this website without first making independent enquiries to verify facts;
- in the event that you are unable to conveniently access this website or content, Green Agenda has no obligation whatsoever to make available the website or content to you; and
- in making this website and content available to you for you to access and use, Green Agenda is relying on your acceptance of, and agreement to, these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- This website is provided on an ‘as is, as available’ basis.
- You agree that:
- this website or content, or both, may not be accessible, or in a form that is conveniently accessible, by you; and
- this website may be interrupted for maintenance and repairs, or for any other reason and that access to any content cannot be, and is not, guaranteed.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Green Agenda disclaims any and all express or implied warranties, guarantees or representations regarding:
- the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to on this website, its content or on any external websites; and
- the merchantability, reliability or fitness for any particular purpose for any service or product contained or referred to on this website, the content or on any external websites.
- You acknowledge and agree that Green Agenda does not warrant, guarantee or make any representation that:
- this website, the content, or the server that makes this website available on the Internet are free of software viruses;
- the functions contained in any software contained on this website will operate uninterrupted or are error-free; or that
- errors or defects in this website will be corrected.
- Green Agenda shall not be liable, under any circumstances, for any loss of profits or any damages of any kind recognised by law (even if Green Agenda has been advised of the possibility of such loss of profits or damages) which are the consequence of you:
- acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on this website, the content or any of the external websites; or
- using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or product contained or referred to on the website, the content or any external websites.
- You agree that Green Agenda is not liable to you for:
- errors or omissions in the website, the content or on external websites;
- delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the services provided in the website, the content or on external websites; or
- defamatory, offensive or illegal content on the website, the content or on external websites, whether caused through negligence of Green Agenda, its employees, agents or independent contractors, or through any other cause.
- You agree to accept the full cost of any necessary repair, correction or maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a consequence of you accessing this website or the content.
- You will at all times indemnify, keep indemnified, defend and hold harmless Green Agenda and its respective officers, employees and agents from and against any cost, expense, fee, loss or damage (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of those indemnified arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of those indemnified where such loss or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of:
- your actions, inaction or negligence;
- any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you;
- a breach of a warranty given by you under these Terms and Conditions; or
- your use of or reliance on the content or any materials, services or information supplied to you under these Terms and Conditions.
Termination of access
- Green Agenda may terminate access to the website at any time without giving any explanation or justification for the termination of access, and Green Agenda has no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind arising as a consequence of terminating access to the Website.
- The disclaimers, limitations on liability and indemnities in these Terms and Conditions continue despite termination of the licence granted or discontinuation or suspension of your access to this website.
- Green Agenda’s failure or delay to exercise a power or right does not operate as a waiver of that power or right. A waiver is not effective unless it is in writing. A single or partial exercise or waiver of a right under these Terms and Conditions does not prevent any other exercise of that right, or the exercise of any other right.
- You agree that Green Agenda may, at the sole discretion of Green Agenda, amend, vary or replace these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notification to you.